Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Oh The Valentine Memories!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all! I am reminiscing today of previous Valentine's Days as my kids and I are all sick so we aren't have the most exciting of holidays today. I am remembering back a LONG time ago to my kindergarten days. As my son and I lay awake for hours on end last night coughing up our lungs, I told him he was going to have to miss his Kindergarten Valentine's party today that I was supposed to help with! Funny thing is, it brought back the memory of me missing my Kindergarten Valentine's party when I was his age due to illness! I remember being so upset.

When I told him he would miss it, he got that break-a-mom's-heart look on his face and said "I will be sad to miss the party but I'm not going to cry or throw a fit about it!" And he hasn't! Poor kid, I wish I could have made his day a bit more exciting but hardly have enough energy to get through the simple tasks of the day! So heart shaped rice crispy treats I think will be the extent of what I can handle as I'm not sure I can even make it to the store! Maybe I can make it up to him later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment