Friday, February 17, 2012

Sick!

I think I have just had one of the worst weeks ever! I know it could have been worse, and it probably has been worse but for the time being, this past week was horrible. About a week ago, my entire family (me included) came down with a very nasty cold virus causing severe congestion and that terrible all night coughing. Then, just as we all were just starting to get over that, my daughter started going back down hill and was crying and clingy. My son spiked a high fever out of nowhere and was missing his 3rd day of school in a row. I decided it was time to head to the doctor.

My daughter was then diagnosed with strep throat. The doctor didn't test my son because his throat looked normal. We spent 3 hours at the doctor's office that day though as the doctor was running very behind. Of course, my children were acting completely normal at that time and were running around like crazy. I on the other hand, was trying to figure out why I was feeling bad again as the day before I was starting to feel fairly decent.

So the next day I woke up with a bad sore throat, went to try and get my son to school but he was also complaining of a sore throat. Then my husband woke up and was complaining that he had a sore throat and felt horrible and wasn't going to work for the day! So off to the doctor we went....again. And yes, we ALL had strep. Lovely. Second time in 2 months for my daughter and me and I'd never had strep throat in my entire life before this winter!

Luckily the antibiotics kick in pretty quick and I was feeling almost human again today. Spent the majority of the day cleaning and disinfecting the house (which was a royal disaster after a week worth of sick mom, sick dad and sick kids)!

Hoping I can get refocused on life again!

No comments:

Post a Comment