Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Sun Needs New Batteries

This is the time of year when I start dreaming of the beach and warm sun!  We lived in Florida for 5 years and this was my very favorite time of year.  I have to say, I rarely missed the snow!  Today as I run my errands in 30 degree (feels like 20's) weather, I am dreaming of kayaking in the clear waters, running my toes through the warm sand and worrying about nothing much in particular!  But no vacation for us again this year!  Work schedule and finances just won't permit it at this time.

Mahe Island, Seychelles



Mahe Island,...

José Fuste Raga

Buy This at Allposters.com


I think I passed on my love for all things warm to my son (who was born in Florida).  Yesterday, we were on our way home from picking him up from school (keep in mind, this has been a rather mild winter for us in Illinois).  Out of the blue he says, "mommy, I am tired of the cold. I want it to be warm again.  I think the sun needs new batteries!"  The funny things kids say!  Someday, my dear son, we will at least take you on a warm vacation during the cold season!

No comments:

Post a Comment