Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Out of Focus

Wow!  I have not posted in a very long time.  Life just gets in the way I think.  My brain train also gets derailed and I become out of focus on what I need to do.  I was thinking the other day that I think I might have society induced ADD if there is such a thing!  I used to be so focused and on top of things.  Now, with 2 kids, internet, and so many other "to do" things, I can't seem to get anything fully accomplished anymore.  My brain just goes from one topic to the next without stopping to complete anything.

So, I have spent the last year or so trying to learn a little about SEO and affiliate marketing and recently decided to attempt to build a website about the nursing career.  Now, I've learned a lot in the past year but just enough to make me dangerous.  So for the past month I was building the website, starting to get traffic to it and then I needed to change hosts and didn't do it correctly and lost my whole website!  I might try and go save it eventually as it was a lot of work but I'm discouraged with it now and wasn't really having much fun anyway.

So now I'm trying to put the focus for 2012 on my Etsy shop and building that up and marketing it better.  I find that I truly enjoy painting and it is much less stressful to me than all the other things I've been working on recently.  I also enjoy the fact that my kids are really showing interest in it and it is something I can do with them next to me.  They get to paint with mommy as they now have their own paints (washable Crayola paints that is) and paintbrushes.

I am also going to be expanding my shop to include custom designed cake toppers make out of polymer clay. I plan on focusing on wedding cake toppers but can do them for kids party's, baby showers, or any other occasion as well!  Polymer clay is really fun to work with and allows for a lot of creativity.

That's all for now!  I will continue to write about my attempts at starting a home business and about my crazy but fun family in the year ahead.  Happy New Year to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erika,

    New follower! Cute art work! Hope you'll come visit my blog.

    www.blogparent.blogspot.com
    The Antics of An Autism Mom

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen!

    Thanks for following! I made a visit to yours as well...following back!

    ReplyDelete