Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TGI..Tuesday!!

I am finally on my "weekend" away from work, and yes, it's Tuesday.   Every other weekend I spend Saturday, Sunday and Monday working.  While I am thankful for my work at home nursing job, there are many disadvantages to it as well.  The company I work for operates 24 hours a day 7 days a week including all holidays.  So last year I had a total of ZERO complete holidays off of work.  I work every other weekend during the day and evenings during the week. My work breaks are every 2 hours while I'm working but I am confined to my home office for 8 hours at a time, my breaks consist of changing diapers, helping with homework, giving baths, etc.  While it is very nice that I can be home to do these things....sometimes I need a real BREAK!!  I also feel like I have less time with my son now that he is in school than I would if I worked a day job while he was there. 

So, I am "on the hunt" to find my fit in the internet world of making money online to get out of this annoying schedule.  I have been trying to figure this out for years and have a little knowledge in how to go about it, but mostly enough knowledge to make myself dangerous.  If I had more time to focus on this knowledge then I could maybe get somewhere! My current idea is to have multiple streams of income such as my Etsy shop, blogging, and other forms of legitimate (not spammy) affiliate marketing.  I am an honest person and NEVER want spam or scam anybody!  

While I am still "working" a lot when it comes to creating these businesses, I can at least do it on my own time.  Instead of spending an entire weekend locked in my little room downstairs with the phone to my ear and staring at a computer screen, I can do a little here and there, after kids go to bed and during the day when my lovely and independent 2 year old decides she wants to entertain herself (which she is very good at).  Yet, I can still work on these things with her by my side.  She LOVES it when I work on my painting or clay creations as she gets her own set of paints or play-dough and works along side of me!  

Do you dabble in making money at home? Or maybe you are even successful at it!  I would love to hear your stories on what you do to make it happen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment